Mindful Strength Teacher Training Intensive
July 20 - July 25$1,200
Kathryn is now taking registration! Scroll down to learn how to sign up or get more info.
This is the first ever Mindful Strength Teacher Training Intensive! This course is a five and-a-half day program which includes 33 hours of in class participation, in beautiful Cornwall Ontario, plus an online introductory course to get you in the zone before the intensive begins. This intensive is open to anyone who has already completed any type of YTT program, personal training certificate, Pilates training, etc… Only 12 spaces are available in this program. Anyone interested in the course who has not already completed a training program should contact Kathryn for special exceptions.
The course will begin in the spring of 2018, with an eight week online course on the basics of Mindful Strength. This online course will introduce participants to some of the movements we will practice in class, as well as reading, basic homework, interesting podcasts, and practice material to prepare for the rest of the in class portion.
The in-class portion of this training will be located in Cornwall Ontario (1 hr from Ottawa, ON airport) at Kathryn’s downtown studio, at a local gym, and partly at her country house just outside of town. Participants will be encouraged to explore different forms of movement including resistance training, mobility, body weight strength, self massage, self care, mindfulness, outdoor activities, and more. This intensive is ideal for anyone interested in taking their practice and/or teaching to the next level.
What is Included
- An in-depth, eight week introductory online course
- Five and a half days of in-class learning with Kathryn and possible guest faculty
- Certificate of completion for students wishing to be evaluated
- Course manual
- Yoga Tune-Up massage balls
- A life changing experience for anyone with an open mind!
The Average Day (subject to change)…
- 9-10 am – Mindful Strength Led Class
- 10-10:30 am – Coffe and Snack Break
- 10:30 am-12:30 pm – Mindful Strength Workshop (one of the topics below)
- 12:30-2:30 pm – lunch break
- 2:30 – 5:30 pm Mindful Strength Workshop (one of the topics below)
Workshops will either be located in the yoga studio, in the gym or at the house. Walks in nature will be included in the programming, and may be added to the after dinner programming. Participants are welcome to hang out together as a group for the day, or go off on their own. Carpooling is available to ensure everyone can get around town.
The course will run for five full days, the sixth being a half day. Students may choose to travel home on the morning or afternoon of July 25th.
Course Material (but is not limited to)…
- The vast importance of strength training in our modern society
- How strength can be paired with all other movement and yoga practices
- Upper body, lower body and core strength, and many exercises!
- How to find mindfulness in movement and strength
- Why sensitivity is important for inclusivity
- Building strength progressions for all levels, ages and sizes
- Self massage and fascial manipulation for self care
- Nervous system down-regulation for optimal health
- Joint preparation
- Adaptation of the nervous system, and soft tissues
- Movement variety, outdoor and indoor
- Teaching principles, cueing and creating safe spaces
What to Bring to the Course?
- Yoga mat
- Comfortable clothing and water bottle
- Notebook and writing materials
- Sunscreen and bathing suit, swimming is available in the summer months around Cornwall
- Any books you wish to reference
Everything is optional, Kathryn aims to provide a low stress learning environment, students may learn and participate at their own pace.
Students who wish to gain a certificate of completion will be required to facilitate a Mindful Strength inspired class (via video) and send it in for feedback and evaluation.
An online deposit of $400 + hst will hold your spot in the training, the balance is due May 28th 2018 or anytime earlier. Students in need of specific payment plans are welcome to reach out, we aim to make the training as accessible as possible.
Early Bird $1,200 + hst – must register before March 1st 2018
Regular Price $1,350 + hst – after March 2nd 2018
Students Coming from Abroad
Students traveling can fly into the Ottawa, Ontario airport. A shuttle service is available from Ottawa, and for anyone renting a car we are approx 100 km from the airport. In the event that multiple students arrive on the same day Kathryn can help co-ordinate possible carpooling.
Cornwall is also a four-hour train ride from Toronto, which is a beautiful way to travel in Ontario.
With regards to accommodations, Kathryn may be able to help you find what you need. For students wishing to stay downtown, we highly recommend the Chesley Inn. For a more country side feel Mystic Meadow B&B is available, as well as many options on Air B&B in all price ranges. For any other information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All deposits are non-refundable. The remaining balance is refundable minus a 15% admin fee, up until May 1st. After May 1st students will be refunded 50% of the remaining balance.
How to Register
Send a short write-up answering these five questions to email@example.com. Kathryn will respond within a day or two, once you have been accepted, you will be asked to pay the deposit to hold your space in the course.
- State your name, age, relevant injuries and gender pronoun
- What is your main form of movement practice, and who are your main influences?
- What has drawn you to this course?
- Have you trained with Kathryn in the past?
- Please give us a little bit of info about you, what you hope to get out of the course, and what movement means to you.