Sat. April 8 @ 2-5pmIn this workshop you will learn basic strength development ideas and theories. Kathryn will lead the group through a dynamic upper body warm up, including exercises for the wrists, shoulders and spine. Students will participate in a step-by-step progression, starting with the basics of pushing and pulling and ending with yoga poses such as downward dog, wheel, arm balances and locomotive functional movements.
- strength training ideas that can be applied to any method of practice
- how to combine strength with a mindful based practice
- upper body corrective exercises for injury prevention
- applying strength to yoga poses and movements
Lower Body Strength, Mobility + Movement
Sun. April 9 @ 2-5pm
In this workshop you will learn why lower body strength is so important for daily life and how over-stretching can create physiological problems. Kathryn will lead the group through a dynamic warm-up, targeting the hips, knees and feet in particular. Different corrective and mobility exercises will be taught to bring balance to the lower body. Students will practice and experiment with movements like squatting, crawling and other locomotive practices.
- basic information on functional strength
- lower body corrective exercises for injury prevention
- strength and mobility movements for better balance
- how to properly squat, hinge, move and crawl