Mindful Strength Weekend Immersion – Huddersfield, UK
October 12 - October 13
This workshop is hosted by Eleanor Senior (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Price: 230 euros (bring your own lunch) OR 250 (includes lunch) euros
Dates: October 12th-13th 2019
This weekend workshop will get you thinking about strength, movement, mobility and yoga in ways you might not expect. Thew weekend is broken down into four workshops outlining different parts of the body from the core to shoulders, wrists, hips and feet, plus an introduction to the science of strength and pain. Body weight movements and well as resistance bands will help bring awareness and power to the entire body with an emphasis on preparation, building resilience, safety, biomechanics and personal exploration. This workshop will ask you to think deeply about your practice and teaching (if you are a teacher), and it challenges the status quo by asking participants to think critically.
- The many ways in which strength positively impacts life, from tissue health to confidence.
- How to use bands, blocks and your own body to add load to many different movements and yoga poses.
- Is alignment as important as we think?
- Task based movement as a means for exploration.
- Breath and the core, functional breathing and teaching the breath in a safe way.
- Adaptation of the tissues and the role of progressive loading
- And so much more!