- This event has passed.
Mindful Strength Weekend – Core and Kinesthetic Communication – Whitby Ontario
January 26 - January 27$299.00
January 26-27, 10am to 5pm at the Abilities Centre in Whitby Ontario – Click here to sign up!
This workshop marks the evolution of Mindful Strength, and opens up new possibilities for yogis, personal trainers, regular folks who love movement and everyone in between. How do the individual parts of the body communicate with the whole? What does it mean to truly know where you are in space and to feel strong? How can a strong core lead us to feeling more connected with ourselves? How can we practice movement in a way that is safe and supportive? These are all questions that will be broken down over the course of this two-day movement experience. All levels and ages are welcome. Some of the workshops will take place in a yoga studio, while other portions will happen in the gym, on the track, and on the basketball court. Kathryn is teaching most of the workshops, and her partner Kyle will be assisting and leading a workshop on jumping and coordination as a way to become springy and strong.
Participants will leave feeling strong and confident in their abilities to structure their own strength and movement practice. Main learning outcomes…
- How to build functional and responsive core strength
- How strength training is mobility training
- Coordination, into to jumping and developing your inner springs
- Using resistance bands to practice strength training
- Basics of lifting weights and using a pull-up bar
- How strength compliments yoga
- Many new exercises and moves to add to your routine or classes
- How to prepare the body for all types of movements, even the “bad” ones
- How to activate the parasympathetic nervous system through strengthening movements