- This event has passed.
Mindful Strength 4-Day Teacher’s Immersion – Trondheim Norway
August 29 - September 1
This four day event is hosted for the second year by Zenit Yoga.
Dates: Aug 29-Sept 1 2019
This workshop is designed for teachers who already have an understanding of yoga who are interested in diversifying their practice and work.
This four day intensive will get you thinking about strength, movement, mobility and yoga in ways you might not expect. Throughout the weekend Kathryn will outline different parts of the body from the core to shoulders, wrists, hips and feet, plus an introduction to the science of strength and pain. Body weight movements and well as resistance bands will help bring awareness and power to the entire body with an emphasis on preparation, building resilience, safety, biomechanics and personal exploration. This workshop will ask you to think deeply about your practice and teaching, and it challenges the status quo by asking participants to think critically.
- The many ways in which strength positively impacts life, from tissue health to confidence.
- How to use bands, blocks and your own body to add load to many different movements and yoga poses.
- Is alignment as important as we think?
- Task based movement as a means for exploration.
- Breath and the core, functional breathing and teaching the breath in a safe way.
- Adaptation of the tissues and the role of progressive loading.
- Sequencing strength and mobility in a way that still feels like yoga.
- Where active and passive stretches both fit in.
- And so much more!